Northeast PBIS Network Leadership Forum
May 12, 2022
Session Title: Guiding You to Mental and Wellness : Creation of the New Jersey Comprehensive School Mental Health Resource Guide
This session described the development of an applied school mental health resource guide and the technical assistance provided to help schools implement comprehensive school mental health supports. School examples were shared.
Damian Petino, New Jersey Department of Education; Ann A. Murphy and Kristy M. Ritvalsky, Northeast & Carribean Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC)
Association for Positive Behavior Support
March 29, 2023-April 1, 2023
Session Title: Targeted Mental Health Support in High Schools: Barriers and Opportunities
Mental health needs are prominent among adolescents, yet service delivery can be challenging in high schools. This session will describe considerations for developing mental health supports and the development of a novel Tier 2 program.
- List unique considerations and common constraints associated with developing and implementing Tier 2 mental health systems in high school contexts.
- Describe the state of available research, programs, protocols, and instruments to guide Tier 2 mental health services in high schools.
- Explain the objectives, format, and features of the Positive Outcomes With Emotion Regulation (POWER) Program.
Brittany Zakszeski, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Laura Rutherford, Jennifer Francisco, Janna Sanders, Devereux Center for Effective Schools, Villanova, PA; Kristy Ritvalsky, Stuart Luther, Ann Murphy, Sean Karyczak, Alicia Lukachko, Northeast and Caribbean Mental Health Technology Transfer Center, Piscataway, NJ
Session Title: Reflections on Coaching: Enhancing Equity and Sustainability in Urban Schools
During this session, participants will explore how school culture and community context impact PBIS coaching methods. Implementation and sustainability in urban settings will also be examined using culturally responsive strategies and techniques.
- Identify various coaching models to support classroom and school-wide PBIS implementation and sustainability
- Evaluate coaching models using a case study to explore the complexity of school culture, buy-in, and establishing rapport
- Identify unique considerations for the role of a coach in an urban setting
Kristy M. Ritvalsky, Rutgers Center for Comprehensive School Mental Health